ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Stahl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Stahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 00:05:52 -0500
     Beloved April is so concerned about my safety, that she took
action on my behalf.  I was walking over to April's apartment
after dark about two weeks ago, when I was almost hit by a car.
It was turning a corner, and actually hit my cane.  The driver
stopped and asked me if I was all right.  I assured him that I
was, since he only hit my cane.
     Since that incident, April bought me an arm band with a
bright chartreuse reflector on it.  It also contains a battery, which
allows a bright red light to be operated in either flashing or
constant mode.  The light is supposed to be visible for up to a
mile.  Cars seem to notice, and drive more carefully as they
approach me.  I really appreciate that little arm band, and I thank
April for her thoughtfulness.
David