ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 19:20:21 -0600
Sharon,

I was referring to your comment of casting stuff before the Lord. What I
meant by follow through is sometimes I find I will say I've given it to the
Lord, but then keep on worrying or doing things to try to fix it on my own
thought pattern, without prayer and listening. We try to get our head to
fool our heart in a way. By following through I meant that in our hearts we
find ourselves broken, as David said a broken and contrite heart comes to
the Lord, and sometimes although we have done that in general terms, we yet
need to give those things that nag or worry us, to him as well. And it is a
relief to "follow through" with that. To surrender a situation to God,
pray, listen, use wisdom as one proceeds and take note if the peace of God
is guiding you. Sometimes a very strong word will come and sometimes it is
sort of like a trail of bread crumbs we follow. We have faith knowing God
is in charge and we have faith that after we have found and inspected a
bread crumb, we look for the next one. Not always do we see an entire
situation before us and that too can sometimes cause us to not cast it
before God as we hold out to see the hole picture before proceeding. So to
make this long note longer? lol. By follow through I meant toss ones hands
up and surrender it to God for real.

Brad