C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:43:30 -0500
I once read an article by a newspaper columnist who tried using VR with
several types of accents, and found that the VR software was most
successful in recognising US New England accents and British accents.  The
software packages had the most problems with thick US Southern drawls,
which makes sense!  In any case, I would think training a VR software to
recognise sounds voiced by persons with speech difficulties would be longer
than those with standard or ("BBC") accents.

Kat