From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:34:10 -0400
Phil,

I'll bet that almost everyone who has ever messed around with tubes
can tell a similar story.  I got zapped a few times while trying to
adjust a tuning slug on the underside of the chassis in my
AR2.  Thankfully, we don't have to worry about that as much today as
we did in the old tube days.  I got used to poking around inside
radios with a screwdriver before putting my fingers on the
parts.  Usually, that kept me from getting bitten, but not when
poking around the high voltage cage of a TV set.  You have to
discharge those multiple times.

Steve