Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:32:34 -0500
Brian,
I use an MP3 player which is not an IPod.  It is my understanding that the
Rockbox software will work with the IRiver H320 and h340, but not with the
Apple IpPod.

If you have an IPod, the ITunes software is inaccessible.
There is a peace of software called Anapod Explorer put out by RedChair
software which works.  The URL is

http://www.redchairsoftware.com
It organizes the Ipod in to folders and puts an icon on your desktop which
you basically access like just another folder in My Computer.  You can
either copy/paste or send-to files to this window just like you can a folder
on your hard drive, and Anapod even lets you manipulate playlists in an
intuitive manner.  It doesn't insist on synchronizing the Ipod with a
library on your computer as Itunes apparently does.  The documentation is
called the Omnitome and is on their website.

The remote control has definite buttons, so it is usable.  But, unless you
can count clicks on the menu, that isn't really useable.

Steve, K8SP