From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:33:30 -0500
Hi List,

I will chime in on this one.  If the newer Icom 2 meter rig has a computer
port, it is possible that it will work with an external device developed by
an individual named John Hansen in Fredonia New York.  This device plugs
directly into the computer port and has a keyboard with which you can
directly enter frequencies into the rig.  I am not sure which rigs it will
work with.  I believe he charges a fair amount of money for it--about $70.00
including shipping.  I used it with my Icom 706 MK2G until that rig gave up
the ghost.
Now here is his contact information:

John Hansen, W2FS
49 Maple Avenue