From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:53:15 -0700
Hi all:
I just received my LDG tw1 in the mail.
Some of my first impressions are:
voice is nice and crisp and clear, the volume control is a great feature,
and the meter seems to be very accurate as stated.
Also, a plug for H R O, the packing was second to none, double boxed with
plenty of foam peanuts.
Also, included was a 12 volt wall wart as well as a set of leads with an
appropriate barrel plug on one end and beared wires on the other end to
connect to a regular power supply.
The only thing i have noticed so far is that the case seems a bit under
engineerd.  The rear panel where you connect the coax to the so239
connecters moves allot when you are hooking up the heavier stiffer
coaxes...it might have been better if a couple of stabalizer screws were
installed on each side of the front and rear panels.
This said though, i think a slight modification would be easy enough to
accomplish to that end.
Another plug for H R O, they gave me a substantial discount when i told them
that universal radio was 10 bucks cheaper.
This is a great addition to the shack and will allow me to now cut my
dipoles to the appropriate length so the swr isn't 2.5 to 1 anymore lol.
I now also know that my 80 meter antenna exhibits an astonishing swr of 30
to 1...perhaps some work on that one is in order.

Just as an aside, has anyone who has the tw1 by chance attempted to try it
on any band above 6 meters to see what sort of readings come out of it?
I would be interested to know how unaccurate it gets up there and perhaps it
might be accurate enough for power testing or something.

73
Colin, V A6BKX