Date:
Sat, 1 Oct 2005 21:02:27 -0400
Andy,

I'm not Kevin, but I do own one of these units.  They're no longer made.

But, it gives you CW reading of your output power or SWR.  If you hold the
CW button in while tuning, it gives a continuous tone for relative signal
strength.  Likewise, if you hold the SWR button in while tuning, it emits a
string of dits which become faster as the SWR is lowered; at 1:1 it gives a
continuous tone.

There are controls on the front for adjusting CW spped and volume.

There's also an alarm which will automatically alert you if the SWR exceeds
3:1, and this is adjustable, although I haven't changed it.  All in all, a
very nice unit.

There is now a talking power/SWR meter made by LDG.  But, I'm very happy
with my P2000.

Steve, K8SP