From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:07:38 -0500
Would someone please forward this message especially to Blind-x and ACB-L.

It is my sad duty to report the passing of Walter Siren (W5RNH.  He died
today at
approximately 5-30 P.M. central time after he was disconnected from
life support about 2 hours earlier.

He entered the hospital the day after returning from Las Vegas with what
they said was kidney failure and went down from there.  He was both a long
time ham and member of the ACB.  Walter Siren was 77.  Born October 16th
1927, died July 15 2005.  He is survived by his wife Lola and daughter Donna
both blind and also both longtime hams and ACB members.

Funeral arrangements are incomplete, but they will be handled by Lake Lawn
Funeral home in Metairie La.  I am sure Donna will appreciate any messages
of condolence you would want to send.  You may direct them to:

Walter was a long time friend of mine, and I will miss him very, very much
as will most of us who knew him.  73.
Harvey (N.5.H.A.U.)