From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:42:11 -0500
Good point, I should also add that if one were to secure a shortwave rig,
you can learn quite a bit that way. Learn about what you're hearing. You'll
get your first lesson in propagation and solar activity simply because what
you hear depends on it. Then later on once you're listening to side band and
listening to other hams on the various frequencies up and down the dial,
you'll pick up key things as well which they don't have on a practice test.
There's a lot of things I taught myself that I'd have no idea how to teach
to others. accept it all amounts to one thing, listen.