From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:51:20 -0700
On 31 Aug 2005 at 15:33, daniel wrote:

> I would like to upgrade my windows 95 on an older computer. It's a Pentium 350.
> I cannot change the boot sequence to boot from the CD. I would like to
> Format the hard drive, then install a later version. First how do I
> format the hard drive? Afterwards, how do I install the the windows
> being that I cannot boot from the CD?

  Check out the boot disks on freepctech.com.  There's at least one with
FDISK and FORMAT on it, and at least one with drivers for most CD-ROM drives
which would allow you to boot from the floppy and then run the install from
the CD.

  I'm not sure about XP, but NT and 2000 need a set of 3-4 diskettes to boot
from -- and include software on the CD to write the diskettes.

David Gillett

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml