Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:50:25 -0600
 First let me say thanks for your response and apologize for taking so long
to get back to you.  I was out of town on a family emergency and thus had
not had time to reply.

Now, I tried the powers swictch both on the case and on the power supply, I
checked and there are no wires that are being pinched when the case is
closed.  Not sure as to what you mean regarding the 'standoffs' grounding
out, could you please clarify?  Thanks in advance!

Donnie

From: Donnie <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: a POST problem

Hello,
I have an unusual problem. I recently bought a new motherboard (Biostar
M7VIG-400 w/ AMD 2200+ CPU), power supply (A-Power 400-Watt ATX Power
Supply), and a stick
of 256MB DDR Memory (not sure of the brand).

After assembling everything I found that the computer wouldn't POST. The
problem is intermittent. After checking everything, talking to tech support
and getting RMA's, I sent back the board, memory, and power supply. All
were replaced with brand new components, yet the problem still exists.

For example, if I restart, I have to turn the power on, wait, and then turn
power off again several times before it will POST. However, it happens less
frequently when I Shutdown. Can anyone help me figure out why at times it
will POST and at others it won't?

Thanks in advance,
Donnie<<<

I wouldn't think that you could recieve an identical set of bad products
from the manufacturer if you returned them (or that they would send the same
parts back), but I was wondering if there was a problem with the power
switch itself? Have you checked to make sure the MB is not grounding out to
the case by checking the standoffs? Is there a wire, or set of wires that
are becoming pinched or pulled when you close the case?

Chris Ryan
E-Mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

our special coffee mugs and mouse pads
with the PCBUILD logo... at a great price!!!

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads