From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:58:47 -0700
The "hard disk pre-delay-disabled" intrigued me and, based on some research,
it appears that this setting should only be "disabled" if there is no hard
drive present. The normal setting is apparently supposed to be some time
increment (10 seconds default). It is the time allotted for the hard drives
to be "found". Setting it to "disabled" probably bypasses the search for the
hard drives.

Sorry I can't be sure of  this information as I am not personally familiar
with this setting.

Tom Mayer

Hi Hugh, PHogan, Scott and John,
You guys are great. OK. Let me tell you what I have tried.
1. I checked all the cables and made sure there were good connections
(floppy, cd, and hd).  All seemed ok there.  I went to the BIOS and under
IDE CONFIGURATION:  it said:  IDE Controller-Both,  Hard Disk
Pre-Delay-Disabled, Primary IDE Master:Samsung SV4084H, Primary IDE Slave:
Samsung CD-R/RW Drive, Secondary IDE Master: SS06-Samsung DVD  Under POWER
it said Hard Drive Enabled.  So I am assuming that all this means it is
recognizing the Hard Drive.  I attempted to boot some other disk (a windows
98 boot disk), no go, as well as re-tried the Windows Me Boot disk, no go.

I am going to hate to tell these folks that they have lost everything on the
HD, is that what you think it is?  I have a recovery CD-Rom as well, I just
cant get it to recognize it, I changed the BIOS to read the CD first, but no
go there either.  Yes, I changed them back.
Thanks for all the help, if you can think of anything else I can try, let me
know.
Dianne

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>