From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 23:15:35 +0000
On Mar 09, 2006, at 9:21 pm, Don H wrote:

> Wow...I'm old fashion and somewhat guarded about  discussing my
> bowel functions...I'm still not convinced that the  'queen of
> England' sits on the can and I have 'unshakable faith' the pope
> doesn't  :-\

This lad I work with takes pictures of the things he deposits in his
can if he's proud of them!!!   But don't get me wrong we all think
that's wierd...  I'm pretty sure the queen doesn't do that.  I don't
think she's got a camera phone.

> Seriously, On Paleo I sometimes don't go for several days and more
> often then not the stools are hard 'golf ball size but feel like
> basketballs when trying to passl!'

Sounds to me like your body is just adjusting to less bulk in your
diet.  Animal products produce less bulk so the more meat in your
diet the less frequent and smaller your stools will be.  You could
try drinking more water or adding more fibre to your diet (I think
both have been suggested by other people).  Either way I'd be
surprised if it didn't clear up sooner rather than later.  When you
switch to paleo your body takes some time to turn off all the
defenses it put up against all the poisons it was being fed before.
If you don't give paleo enough time, it looks like it actually makes
you worse.  The same is felt by newbie Atkins dieters who think the
drop to ketosis is a sign that eating low-carb makes you tired or
weak.  I think it's a devil-you-know mentality brought on by the fact
that just about everything about paleo is conventionally "wrong".

Ashley