From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:39:12 -0400
Well personally, even though my intentions were to stay out of the
conversation currently taking place in this particular thread, I will say
that upon passing my basic morse code exam here in Canada, which the license
qualification is equivalent to a general class in the states give or take,
my reward for such was that I was finally allowed to use the hf equipment I
had previously acquired. Having that many more bands open to me instead of
just one, was the best congratulations I ever received. To be able to get on
the air and be counted as one of the bunch, was a good feeling. I didn't
seek for approval because upon passing my exam, that was all I needed.
Perhaps this may fall on deaf ears or perhaps someone might find this if not
slightly enlightening, then it could maybe be moderately encouraging. I'm 27
years old now and I got my full license about two years ago.