Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:00:43 -0700
Thank you for the temp monitor link Toomas. It is a great utility to check
on drive temps. In my case, the SATA drive is running at 41 degrees while
the ATA is at 45! So it would appear that the drive temperature is not an
issue. These measurements were made with the cover on and the computer
having run for several hours.

So far, no further drive lockup has occurred. I did have another thought,
however. It is possible for the video driver to cause the SATA driver to
fail? I did check the status of the SATA driver when the failure did occur,
and the system reported that the driver was working properly.

Still an mystery unsolved!

Peter