From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:38:03 +0000
On Mar 22, 2007, at 8:28 pm, mark wilson wrote:

>> I suggest what might be a more fair experiment,
>> since you can track your
>> reactions:
>> Use 100% pure organic cocoa powder, and make it
>> taste edible with stuff to
>> which you don't react - I use a little organic honey
>> and ~1/4 cup unsalted
>> butter.
>>
>> That should test only the chocolate.
>
> Even more important, you need to test raw cocoa
> powder, not roasted.  Roasted whacks me out too.

I don't know if mine is roasted or not :-S

It's the Green & Blacks stuff, if anyone knows.

As for a test, well after all this talk about cocoa products, I just
decided I wanted a bit of chocolate and didn't want to wait a week to
get some delivered.  My mum had some in I bought her about 18 months
ago.  It was 88% cocoa, so far too bitter for her and a bit on the
sweet side for me.  I reckon I've swallowed at least 8 grams of sugar
(I haven't eaten ANY sugar in 3 years!) and god only knows how much
soya lecithin, so if I don't reply to any posts after tonight, you
know what happened to me...

Ashley