From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:44:22 -0500
Well, one thing that is a sore subject is that my mother thinks I should
outgrow saanners and radios, but it is in my blood as are several other
things, but radio has been there the longest.  I grew up in a law
enforcement family and the thing that interested me more then anything as a
kid were the portable and mobile radios, and yes I confess now I did key a
few back in the day, but out of everything law enforcement/fire related that
is what interested me the most, and this was older Motorola gear from the
70's and now trunking is even more interesting as the police and fire in my
area are on 800 MHz digital APCO-25.