From:
Clarence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:19:08 -0400
I think what you are seeing is this.
When you put the 570 in cw mode, the filter button will allow you to set the
bandwidth on the audio filter.  If you have a 500 hz filter installed, the
radio will select it when you narrow the bandwidth below this.  If you put
the radio in ssb mode, the filter will allow you to select the 1800 hz
filter if it isn't there.  If you try to select the filter when there isn't
one installed, you will see a large drop in the volume.  You will also see
this effect if you activate the 500 hz filter and try to select it when it
isn't installed, on cw of course.
I have tried this, and it does behave in this way.
I hope this helps.
Clarence (wd8bah)