RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 17:00:04 -0800
From:
Tom:
>>The second evidence against "raw is law" is simply the fact that wild animals
>>are often killed, and their remains cooked, by wildfires, as well as volcanos,
>>geysers, and even lightning strikes. It is also a fact that the cooked remains
>>of these animals are routinely eaten by wild carnivores and scavengers.

Jean-Louis Tu:
>I would say that a *very small* amount of cooked food is natural. In the
>same way, cows eat insects along with their grass, but a 100% raw-insect
>diet would certainly not be natural for them! Moreover, maybe cooked food
>is natural, but not mixed, salted, seasoned food.

Tom:
I agree with the points you make. However, I was making the point that 100%
raw for all animals is not a law (or theorem). It only takes one counter-
example to show that a proposed law (or theorem) is not correct.

Jean-Louis Tu
>I don't consider landfills as natural...

Tom:
Agreed. But the animals that feed there, on our refuse, are natural.

Thanks for your comments!

Regards,
Tom Billings