Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
GeneralStuff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:49:36 -0400
Cherry has just the keyboard face I want - standard, but without the extra bank of duplicate keys between the main keyboard and the keypad on the far right.  I'm confused about the connector now, though.  I'm not even sure if I have an extra USB on the back.   I have a lot of stuff plugged into USB as it is.  And you're right, Sue, a serial connector wouldn't do.  I only have one on the PC and I use that for my printer.   My computer has dedicated PS2 connections for the keyboard & mouse (which I would prefer to use).
"G81-1800  16 inch compact PC keyboard  Compact design - that's our 19 inch PC keyboard. Its unique FTSC membrane contact system guarantees a long service life and reliability."  http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/compact/classic-line_g81-1800.htm
Well, I thought it was "the" keyboard, but on counting the keys, it has 7 rows of keys in the keypad area, which makes it deeper and the function keys are placed further away from the main keyboard than the one I have.  It will do because I'm more interested in the width than the depth, but I do have a lot of things assigned to function keys and I'd rather not have to reach further to use them.  Who have they got designing this stuff anyway?  They're as bad as the people designing the mouse.  The MS mice have a comfortable "hand," but they also have that big, squishy, sloppy-moving left-right scroll wheel.  Logitech has a much more responsive, nice tiny sharp little click, left-right scroll wheel movement, but their mice have a sharp seam around right where it would have been most comfortable to place your fingers, pushing your last two fingers to the right and back down toward your wrist - after a few minutes, it hurts from ring and pinky to elbow from the stretched, stressed position.  I've only looked at Logitech and MS so far and I have had better luck with Logitech mouse software than with MS.

Oh, my kingdom (such as it is) for some well designed hardware to communicate with a PC.  LOL.

1.  What does "membrane contact system" mean? The keys don't appear to be membrane-type keys. Does that mean a membrane UNDER the keys? Would that mean the G81-1800 would not have tactile feedback?
2.  How do you buy something on the Cherry site?  Not even any prices.

AnnaSummers