Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:26:58 -0700
7BIT
From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
> I clicked Run put in cmd then ipconfig/all  on my computer where it
> says IP router is enabled it says no but my computer is operating thru
> it.

  That is telling you that the desktop computer is not enabled to ACT AS a
router.  It can still be using one -- but read on....

> yes I do have a desktop computer with the modem attached to it. my
> computer is connected to the router after I installed it.

  The normal installation of a router is to sit between an Ethernet-capable
modem, and ALL of your PCs.  If the modem is attached to the PC, how does
the router connect to anything?

  Perhaps you need to describe your network in more detail.  What model is
the modem?  Where does it connect to, and with what kind of cable?  What is
the model of the router?  Where is its WAN port connected to?  How many LAN
ports does it have, and where are they connected to?

David Gillett

On 24 Oct 2005 at 7:07, Peggy C wrote:

> I want to thank all of you for your response.  yes I do have a desktop
> computer with the modem attached to it. my computer is connected to
> the router after I installed it. I then tried to connect the laptop to
> the router, first turning everything off including modem as one of you
> told me.   I clicked Run put in cmd then ipconfig/all  on my computer
> where it says IP router is enabled it says no but my computer is
> operating thru it.   When I do the same thing to the laptop it says
> their is no IP address.   I cannot locate the info on the router in my
> desktop computer it is not even in add/remove   should it be?  Thanks
> Peggy

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml