EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:51:49 -0400
At long last, my Windows keyboard-only FAQ is almost ready. I will be sending
out a draft to my reviewers this week or next, and making it available on my
web site before the end of the summer.

My goal with the FAQ is to encapsulate a complex topic in a few pages. The FAQ
will not be comprehensive; my purpose is to orient people who want to operate
Windows without a mouse, and who want to better their understanding of the
logic (and the lack of logic) underlying the keyboard-only interface. I am
trying to limit the FAQ to 2000 words, so it will not answer every question.

If you have a burning question that you think should be included, please send
it to me now. I cannot include everything, but I want to ensure that the
questions I do include are representative of the kinds of questions that
people ask.

I am looking for two types of questions:

1. Conceptual questions: For example,

"Why is it so hard to learn the keyboard-only interface?"
"What is the best approach to learning the keyboard-only interface?"

2. Practical questions: For example:

"Is there a hotkey to close all open windows simultaneously?"
"How do you right-click on the desktop without the mouse?"
"How do you maximize a window?"

Alan

Alan Cantor
Cantor Access Inc.