EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"* EASI: Equal Access to Software & Information" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Rosemary Ernst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:55:04 -0500
Hello! No harm done.

I have added a link to "Skip Intro" on the home page (for users with slower
access) that takes you directly to a page with more content and the same
level of navigation. This is the first link on the home page.

Our use of Flash comes from a strong directive from our marketing and sales
department. Our studies show that the organizations in the market we target
do indeed, universally have high speed access. Again, we are committed to
universal accessible design for our target market -- not the entire world.
This means we are committed to using animation and other bells and whistles
and making them accessible or as in this case, avoidable. This doesn't mean
it is the only way we build projects. When our audience is the whole world,
we use development techniques that address those constraints.

While the visuals may not be of value to some, they are of great value to
many others and the value lies in keeping the animation on the home page.

I hope you will revisit our site, move past the intro and critique the
other things we have done to improve accessibility.

Rosemary