From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 15:37:39 -0700
On 8 Oct 2005 at 18:28, dorothy jones wrote:

> Hi Peter
>
> I have opened Control Panel and clicked Network but I do not see any
> Local Area Network icon or properties. All I have in the Network
> window are Configuration, Identification and Access Control. In the
> Configuration window I have a list of my adapters. I have a tick
> against one named TCP/ip -> SIS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet adapter. Is this
> my LAN adapter?
>
> Dorothy Jones

  I believe Peter's recommendation referred to the Network Control Panel as
it appears in XP; what you've described is the Win98 Network Control Panel.
  The entry you refer to is the TCP/IP protocol configuration for the "SIS
900" PCI NIC; if you have other NICs present or the Dialup Adapter
configured, those would show as additional entries.  If you highlight this
entry and clidk on the Properties button just below the list, you can get to
the configuration options that apply.

David Gillett

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads