From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 17:50:12 -0800
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 23:03:14 +0000, Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Out of the people that do ask about my diet, I get a range of
>reactions from "oh that's interesting, why do you think that?" to
>"that's just STUPID, I might as well top myself if I can only eat
>like that"*.  Obviously the first group are far more likely to
>consider eating paleo, or moving in that direction.  The second are
>doomed to wander from one fad diet to the next convincing themselves
>that even if they aren't getting any slimmer, at least they aren't
>doing some crazy unhealthy do-you-want-to-die-from-heart-disease-or-
>cancer caveman thing.  Well, they dug their own hole...
>
>Ashley
>

>* that is a very close paraphrase to something I actually heard from
>a real person - scary!

Actually, it's not scary if it comes from a reluctance to eat different foods
than a) they are used to eating all their life, and/or b) what everyone else
eats.

Plenty of people simply do not want to "eat healthy" and in fact, that's an
acceptable choice to me - as long as the person knows the choice.

This is a different thing from the people who call our breakfast "a heat attack
on a plate" because of 30 years of propaganda saying so (when in fact the usual
high-carb breakfast is proven to be more likely to contribute to heart disease).

--
Cheers,

Ken