From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 10:33:43 -0800
Network mapping allows you to have an available network resource, lets say
a shared network drive, appear in your <My Computer>, with a set drive
letter, as if it were just  a local drive on your computer. When you map
the drive, you can optionally have Windows automatically log into the
shared resource at boot up, and set it up on your computer with a
predetermined drive letter, every time you boot up. Of course, this assumes
that the resource is available.

A mapped network resource allows you to have access to the resource,
without having to browse the network every time you want to use it.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/

At 12:49 AM 3/30/2006, you wrote:
>What is network drive mapping? How useful is it?
>
>Chilangisha
>   Chilangisha B Changwe

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads