From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:49:26 -0400
It couldn't hurt to read the Linksys setup instructions.
The router must be connected to the Cable modem. Usually this would mean
an ethernet cable from the modem to the "WAN" or "Internet" port on the
router. The "PC Link"  (or similar name) on your modem should then be lit.
A second ethernet cable then connects the router to the laptop. If you
plug into port 1, the port 1 light on the router should then be lit.
Linksys recommends you do this with all the equipment turned off
(Computer Powered down and the router and modem unplugged).
Turn on the modem first, then the router, then the computer, and you
should be good to go.

                          http://freepctech.com