From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:35:34 -0500
Alan Smith's post (clipped)

<<< I scroll down to  BOOT SEQUENCE and enter.
I USED TO have - -floppy, HD0, CDrom. While trying to change the order

to - -floppy, CDrom, HD0   I hit some?? key and now the startup  is

FLOPPY and I can enable/disable by hitting the space bar.>>>

Will I be correct in understanding your problem as:---

as on the date and time of your post the "BOOT SEQUENCE" window in your bios shows only one device (floppy) and you have the ONLY option of "enable" or "disable" .

in other words I am simply rephrasing Frank Suszka's query in his post (clipped)

<<< Does "the startup is floppy" mean the system won't recognize anything but
the floppy?>>>.

If I am correct then perhaps you should check whether you bios and device manager show your hdd/cdrom and any other optical device you have.

FWIW and have a good day----Venkat Viswanathan