From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:00:33 -0700
  Is it possible that, in replacing the power supply, you didn't manage to
reconnect power to all of your hard drives?
  Alternatively, in disconnecting the old and reconnecting the new, you may
have knocked a data cable loose from a drive.

  It's barely possible that the CMOS chip which holds BIOS configuration
data got re-initialized when the power was disconnected.  But I'd expect it
to default to an auto-detect configuration which would boot more slowly, but
should still work, so this is a less likely problem.

David Gillett

On 5 Jun 2005 at 14:31, Lisa Carter wrote:

> I recently had a problem with my power supply. I replaced the old 250
> watt power supply with a new 450 watt. After replacing I tried to boot
> up my computer and received a message: Disk boot failure,insert system
> disk and press enter. Also there was something about ATAPI, I can't
> recall exactly what the message regarding that was. In any case I
> inserted the windows 98 start up disk and received a message stating
> there were no FAT or FAT32 partitions. One of the reccommendations was
> run fdisk. I tried to do just that and received the message No fixed
> disks present. I ran the DIR C:\ at the DOS prompt and I do have 15
> files present. I am running windows ME. I would appreciate advice on
> what to do.
>
> Thank You,
> Lisa

                     visit our download web page at: