ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 08:04:11 -0400
Hi Guys,
        Well, yesterday was Wednesday and I thought that I'd give you an update on
Chris.  He had been planning on getting high yesterday after his visit to
the probation officer. You will recall that I was praying that he would get
busted.  It looks like God had a better idea.  Leave it to a
Prffessional.  Let me tell you.   Well, Chris went back to his old dealer
on Tuesday and left $30 in our mailbox for the guy to pick up and deliver
the goods.  Well, you guessed it.  The money is gone and there was nothing
in its place.  "A fool and his money," I guess.  Chris is mad and he has no
clue that we know so he can't talk to us about it and he just has to bottle
it all up inside for now.  He made some threats in instant messaging about
slashing their tires, but he's too much of a chicken to do that.  Plus, he
is on conditional release.  Nothing like a straight ticket back to jail.
        To get us to take him to the bank to get the money, he told us that he
wanted to buy a school T shirt, which of course, he hasn't.  He took the
last $20 out of his account, leaving $1.30 to his name.  He told somebody
that he put $30 in the mailbox though and this morning I discovered $10
missing from my purse.  That probably makes me as mad as anything!!  We've
already told him that we are cutting off internet privileges  at the end of
the month if he doesn't pay up his cable bill to us.  We're dropping
cable  at the end of the month ourselves.  With this new car and paying for
repairs on the old, we just can't afford it and dile up works fine for
us.  He won't be able to play his games any more or I M whenever he wants
too, but tough.  He refuses to go back to his old job because he hates the
fact that his pay is direct deposit, but we arre more sure than ever that
this was the right thing to do.  We may not have that luxury if he lands a
new job and he has filled out a few applications now. He can't talk to us
about any of this because he would have to admit to so much, but I am
praying that he will talk to his therapist about all this tomorrow.  This
guy is really decent.  We really like him, but we are trying to stay out of
the picture as much as possible so that Chris and he will build the
relationship instead of having us involved with it.
        After Chris got ripped off last night, Greg did take him down to the
Wednesday service at Calvary Chapel.  The pastor is a good guy.  He and
Greg are friends, but Chris doesn't know that either.  Anyway, Chris was
much more comfortable last night and said that he is willing to go
back.  Go God!
Kathy