ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:08:15 -0600
I heard from Jan today.  This is not, by the way, the Jan who used to be on
this list.  That Jan is doing well,  She got married several months ago and
is quite happy.  I hear from her once and awhile.

Jan, in Florida, is a blind lady who is in her early fifties.  She went in
for surgery last Wednesday.  I asked for prayer for her.  I prayed with Jan
about two weeks ago, for the first time, and the Lord began ministering to
her right away but she has a load of woundedness and a lot of physical
problems.  She called today to let me know she was still in the hospital.
She had her colon removed and they did a colostomy due to cancer.  They also
are doing a liver biopsy to check for liver cancer.  Things do not look
good, she said, but she sounded good and someone from her family has been
with her all the time.  Jan asked us to pray for her at night.  I suppose
her family members go home at night, but she said the fear comes at night
and she asked if we could pray for her even if we awaken in the night.  I
told her I knew others would and I promised to do the same.  I hardly know
Jan but Jesus knows her quite well.  He appreciates his Body when they pray
for others who are very much alone and very frightened.  Some of you will
never know, until we meet in Heaven, just how much you have helped so many
people.  People tell me all the time with whom I pray, just how much the
appreciate knowing there is an echurch of people who do pray for them and
they don't even know them.  Now, let's see.  Where did I put that cowboy hat
so I can take up an offering.

Phil.

Phil C Sharp
The Coil Of The snake