From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Dec 2005 15:33:55 -0500
No built in key pad, you need the qsy'er for direct freq entry and stuff
like that. There are a few menus, but honestly, as long as you know the
quick set menu which is easy to learn and memorize or make a cheat sheet
for, it's not that bad. Mine is for go kit/portable and I can put it down
for a month or so and pick it up again to run somewhere and it all comes
back to me quick. It's a good little radio, seems like most mobile
installations are the 706 these days and most of the newer hams around here
have them that I know. DSP seems good, probably not the best out there, but
it's pretty good. I really can't complain about the radio at all.