From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:45:31 -0700
Hi Steve,

Well, I've waffled one way and then another.  I have used the ALS-600 in the
past, sold them, used a Drake L-7 which is a nice classic amp and just sold
it to go back to a brand new ALS-600.  I thought hard about the Tokyo Hy
Power but the idea of having to send it back to Japan for repairs kind of
turned me off on the idea.  I found when I ran a tube type amp that I hardly
ever ran it on the high voltage setting which would put out about 1200
watts.  I used it on low power which usually gave me about 850 or so and the
difference between that level and the 600 from this ALS-600 isn't very
noticeable on anyone's S meter.

Upshot is that I have an ALS-600 again, love the ability to move from 20 CW
to 20 SSB and never have to touch anything.

Take care and good luck in your information quest.  Very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX
Navy Marine Corps MARS:  NNN0SHS