From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:31:32 -0600
Eric:
re read my message.
I said it is a board that can be installed in a little box with audio plugs
for the audio jacks on the computer, a plug for the mike jack on the radio
and a plug for the speaker output of the radio.
You do not have to run things from serial or USB ports just from the sound
card.
If you are wanting to use jaws at the same time on the portible computer,
and it has a limited output sound card, you may run into problems with jaws
keying the radio and transmitting everything your jaws is speaking.
I would imagine those who run echolink and use jaws set everything up and
then turn jaws off and let echolink run without jaws.
Of course, i have not actually set my echolink node up yet, but i have done
the research and have a good idea of what is required to get one up and
running.
Now I just have to stick another decent antenna up and i can start running a
5 watt echolink node here.
There is a way to make the serial port key the radio but that requires
finding the appropriate pins on the serial cable and hooking them up to the
PTT portion of the radio.
There may be an interface made that does use this method, but ive not seen
one.
73
Colin, V A6BKX