From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 20:58:30 -0100
Hi Colin and all, You might want to investigate some of the
posts/threads/discussions on, and possibly join  the
H F Pack, [log in to unmask] site.  It's a group I learned of and joined
about a year and a half ago.  It is a pretty active group of H F portable
dreamers, experimenters, and operators, whether via  backpack, bicycle,
motorcycle, pedestrien, wheelchair, babystroler, picnic table, and about any
and every other kind of "pack it and go  hf configurationers I've ever run
across.  Different ones use Radios you wouldn't necessarily think of as
portable units, including but not limited to the Icom Ic706mkiig, Kenwood
ts50, Yaesu ft897, ft900cat, Alinco dx70T, and lots of others including
military and civilian manpacks, and a plethira of qrp rigs.  Lots of good
info, links, observations etc.  Great group of stateside and DX hams, and a
lot of good learning.  Give it a try, I think you and anybody else
interested in portable HF packing will enjoy the posts found there.
Cordially, Danny Dyer, wb4idu.