From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:55:49 -0400
Colin,

I see what you mean, but the problem here is that there are two
voltage sources, and I don't think you can hook the same regulator to
two different sources.  Besides, as you correctly point out, a
regulator won't address the problem of one source being lower than it
should be, which would cause the current load to be unequally
distributed between the two supplies.  Personally, I think they
should have just paralleled the two sets of leads and let the radio
be run off one 40-amp supply.  If I had that radio, I'd just buy a
40-amp supply and use a 20-amp one somewhere else in the shack.  You
can never have too many supplies, right?

Steve