From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:24:13 -0500
Colin,

I bought one of those rigs new in 1981, and foolishly sold it about 10 years
later.

Fortunately, I acquired another one about 5 years ago.

As John said, it's a basic "no memory no scan, no PL" radio.

You can install a single frequency PL inside it without much trouble if you
know someone who can do it.

I have one set up for 100 hz, and use it often for an "around the house"
rig.

I made it accessible by removing one of the teeth from each of the 3 thumb
wheels. Since most of my area repeaters are on 146 mhz, I chose to set the
reference notches at 146.00, but have known others who set them for 144.00.

If you decide this old classic isn't what you really want, let me know. I
might be interested in a deal of some kind, or in buying it from you.

Mike Duke, K5XU