Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:21:43 -0400
Subject:
From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
I have a friend that got a DELL on my suggestion. He wanted video
capture and editing stuff and "games capability" for his 18 year old kid.
I never build "high-end" stuff, and do not support other peoples video
editing programs or any games... (On the theory - how can I give user and/or
trouble support on software I have never even seen or used?)

That said, when he had a problem, DELL tech support crippled his machine
big time... I do not know how he eventually made out, (it is about a 60 mile
round trip), but when I was there "in the thick of things", I took my BartPE CD
with my registered full version of NERO installed "into" it and tested the computer
and hardware *in full* (with "my stuff") by (CD)booting to MY version of
XP-Pro-SP2 and running Nero6 (from the CD). I  ran/tested the computer and
burned him a (CD and/or) DVD...  This proved, (to me) the hardware was not
at fault. You might want to try something like that. The bad news is, it may be
too late for you to make one of those yourself.

Since you re-installed Windows, it makes me ask -- Did you do a re-install
"over the top" of what was there, or a totally clean install?  There is a big
difference when you get into problems this low in the food chain...
If you do a "full clean install" you generally need to get all your data out
and backed up somewhere.

                                                      Rick Glazier