From:
Louise Van Wey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Louise Van Wey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 08:11:30 -0500

I shop at Trader Joe's frequently and I enjoy their list of gluten free
foods.  For the most part, I do not have trouble with their foods listed as
GF, but on their recently updated list I noticed a couple of items that are
 definitely NOT gluten free.  Of all things, Barley Soup was listed as
gluten free, and a frozen Pad Thai that contains soy sauce with wheat was
listed, too.  I mentioned the errors to the store manager last night and he
said he would pass the information along to their company dieticians for
investigation.

This is just a reminder to all of us that we must continue to read labels
even on supposedly gf items in great stores like Trader Joe's that work so
hard to make life easier for us.  I will post again about this if/when I
hear back from my local store manager about the outcomes of the investigation.

Louise
Columbus, Ohio