BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rev Clyde Shideler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:54:49 -0500
I was pleased learn recently that the latest version of Adobe Acrobat,
Version 5.0, has accessibility features, since I understand that previous
versions were incompatible with screen readers for the blind.  However,
Acrobat is an expensive program.  So I was even more delighted to find that
Adobe has also made the latest version of its *free* Reader software
accessible!

You can download the accessible version from
<http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/alternate.html>.  To learn more
about Adobe's accessibility features, go to <http://access.adobe.com/>.

Availability of this software not only is wonderful in and of itself, but
to me, it also indicates that mainstream software companies are beginning
to take us seriously as users of and potential customers for their products
and services.

--Laura