From:
Brenda Coats <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brenda Coats <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 21:57:06 -0700

There was a post recently about a possible link between celiac and the thymus, but I've accidentally deleted the message. Could someone re-post it for me?

There was a link in the message, so I visited it. It was stating that very often, in open heart surgeries, they remove your thymus gland....then it went on to explain a possible link between celiac and thymus problems. Well....lo and behold....when I was 17, I had open heart surgery!! I have NO IDEA whether I have a thymus or not!! Do they have to put you on some sort of replacement medication (like they would for thyroid) if they take it out?? This is crazy. How does one find out if they have a thymus?

Someone....please help!!

Brenda
P.S. Interesting to note that a lot of my gut problems began after that surgery.