From:
steeplechase19 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
steeplechase19 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2005 07:55:15 -0400

Would the poster whose contribution was included in the summary on glucosamine please share with me the source of the info. that Osteo-Biflex is not gluten free.

I called the company (888-848-2435) and was assured by Maria that all forms of this supplement are gluten free.  She read the ingredients from the computer and it is classified as GF.  I asked for a written statement but was told it was not their policy to provide one.  This concerns me.  Maria did state that that other gluten containing products are made in the same facility.
I chose this brand since it was one of only a few that tested to have the stated amounts of glucosamine and chondroitin in it when independently tested.  This information was in a book--the Arthritis Cure.  The author states "the Journal of Rheumatology evaluated 15 of these products and only one of the 15 contained the required amount"...."a 93% failure rate".  Additionally there is a web site from Consumer Labs that evaluated glucosamine/Chondroitin products and found many failed potency testing.
Originally I purchased Solgar brand but learned this brand had failed testing done by Cosumer Reports.
It would seem many of us are wasting money on these expensive supplements and they are not as stated.  The concern is not only gluten free status, but also one of potency.
Thank you.
Carol