From:
Michael Raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2005 12:01:15 -0400
I have noticed some academic papers come up when I  google search
'lectins'.  I think that exact effect of the lectins is sometimes
difficult to determine.  D'Adamo in his Eat Right 4 Your Type books
basis his conclusions in part on the ability of people to handle
lectins based on blood type.  I believe he bases most of his
conclusions on his father's original work and his own clinical
experiences treating patients.  He dietary recommendations are by no
means paleo.  He is recommendations concerning macronutrients would
probably best be described as high complex carbs, low fat, and low to
none animal protein.  From what I know of his work, lectins determine
things such as vegetable recommendations, such as everyone regardless
of blood type should avoid tomatoes.

Mike