BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:41:01 -0600
Patrick insists on learning about life the hard way.  He's a lot like
his old man that way.  I'm just glad he only sat out one semester
before deciding to go to school.  The next painful lesson will be that
you can get the same class at a suburban community college as you can
at the urban community college, without dealing with rush hour traffic.
  That one's going to hurt.  Because everyone knows that the suburbs are
populated by homophobic, racist, neo-nazis and hyper-prosteltizing
christian pink-o's; and the urban areas are populated by intellectuals,
social progressives, artists, philosophers, chess players and
punkpeople.  Damn its a pain when the world turns out to be more
complex than you thought.

-jc