From:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:34:27 -0400
Hi:

This is a rather long and involved question so most will want to skip it but
hopefully not all.

Two computers arrived at our house yesterday.  My wife got the new one and I
got a refurbished one.  Her original C drive got moved to D on her new
system.  Nothing has been touched on my old one.  She is retaining her old
operating system, XP and I will be going from ME to XP so you can see,
solutions may be different.

First, I want to get EchoLink on to my new computer and drop it from the old
one.  How do I do that?  Do I need to re-register etc?

Then, I want to move my Internet Explorer Favorites and both Address Book
and saved e-mail from old to new.  Tried "Export" but got a a strange
"PROFILE" error concerning a program I don't even have.

My wife wants to transfer the same sort of information, without EchoLink,
from the older drive which is now D, to her new C drive.

If anyone can help, please write to me off line.  If a telephone conference
is easier, please send us your number.  We have her business line.

Thanks.

Bob Martin

EchoLink Node 55127
Please visit