From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:42:17 -0400
The only way echolink would be slightly interpreted as having a qso is if rf
is involved with the communication. If it's from pc to pc then I would think
no. Simply because voip isn't radio. As a matter of fact, some would say
that repeater work isn't real radio in a sense because you're getting help
to make the contact. Even though you need an antenna system to get on any
repeater--even if it's just a piece of kowax, you still have to get in to
the machines, no matter where they're located. Some people resent the fact
that younger hams are only interested in 2 meters and 440. I know some real
fanatics that claim they've never worked two meters, wouldn't even consider
it. So to ask if using repeaters threw the pc is radio, is kind of ironic.