From:
Cas Kearse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 May 2005 16:55:38 -0500
>From: mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: cholesterol numbers
>Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 20:39:43 -0700
>
>   I started
> > soaking the raw nuts and drying them - they are the
> > BEST.
>
>Hello Cas,
>
>Could you tell me how long you soak
I get raw nuts/seeds from the healthfood store and then soak overnight in
salted water, about 1 tablespoon salt to 2 qts of water-put enough water to
cover and then a little more so the nuts can soak up whatever they do

and how you go
>about drying the nuts?
Spread them on a baking sheet after draining thoroughly.  I spray them
lightly with extra virgin olive oil (manual oil sprayer) if you'd like you
can sparingly sprinkle a little sea salt (they are plenty salty for me with
just whatever salt is left from the soaking) then in the oven at 210 degrees
or there abouts (you want the temp. high enough so they dry but not really
toast, they can burn before you know it and it really depends on your oven),
stir every hour or so and when they are as crunchy as you prefer let cool
and package in air tight containers.  if they will not be eaten right away
its good to refridgeraate.

>Thanks
>Mark

Your welcome, I enjoy messing around in the kitchen.  so far I've made mayo,
ketchup and barbeque sauce made according to the paleo quidelines(so the
speak).  I encourage everyone to experiment and if there is something you
really like see if there is a paleo way to adapt it.  Not every experiment
is a success but it's fun in the trying.