ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:45:34 -0500
Good words, Kathy and good suggestions.
I had the priviledge of pastoring one church for four years and another for
a year or so.  We were constantly faced with this smae challenge. We, too,
would check out the situation to make sure that we were being good stewards
of what God had given us.  It is an awesome responsibility but also a
tremendous blessing when can can be of help to others. After all, that is
what the church is about, love and giving.
Recall the words of Jesus in Mark 14 about the woman who pour the oil on him
and wiped His feet with her tears.  Jesus said, "She has done what she
could".  We need to do what we can and not complain about what others do or
don't do.

Ned