ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:17:39 -0600
Hi, I don't think this made national news but certainly state.
In the nearest "big city" to us a man went on a shooting spree in front of a
court house yesterday.  His targets were his oldest son and his wife who had
divorced him after 22 years.  The news said that it had been a bitter
divorce battle. (Is there any other kind?)
They were at the court house for a hearing concerning child support payments
for the kids.  There were 3, 2 younger than the 19 year old who was there
with his mom.  The husband shot and killed his wife, and shot his oldest son
in the leg.  A man who lived near by and who was licensed to carry a hand
gun came out of his apartment, saw was happening and tried to shoot the
husband.  He probably did shoot him but the husband was wearing a bullet
proof vest and a flack jacked so if the guy did get him, it didn't affect
him much.  The husband shot and killed that man.  He also shot some other
people who were just in the area but none of them died as far as I know.  He
got in his truck and tried to get away but the police followed him and
either killed him or he killed himself.
The name of the family involved is Mexican so it leads you to believe that
they were Mexican but one of the witnesses referred to the shooter as a
white guy.  Maybe they meant the guy who came out of his apartment and tried
to stop the shooter and got killed himself.  We know a Mexican woman with
the same first name as the wife who was killed.  She works near by but we
haven't gone to check and see if it was her.
The news will probably know more today.  This all went on yesterday
afternoon around 1.

Matt